Look at Pentair as a Total Yield Stock Play

While income investors constantly seek out stocks with growing dividend yields, they can also benefit from share buybacks.  The share buybacks present an opportunity for investors to get capital gains in addition to current income.  Currently, 80% of S&P 500 companies are buying back shares. Combine this with dividend yield and you can get a total yield of greater than 10% in 2014.  We are presenting a series of stocks worth a look.

Pentair (PNR) has a projected share buyback yield of 22% and a current dividend yield of 1.47%.  This provides investor a potential for a total yield of 23.47%.  The stock has a 12 month price target of $70.

Pentair Ltd. recently announced that it will pay a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.25 per share on November 8, 2013 to shareholders of record at the close of business on October 25, 2013. Pentair had previously announced on April 29, 2013 the approval by its shareholders of an ordinary cash dividend of $1.00 per share to be paid out of Pentair’s capital contribution reserve in four equal quarterly installments of $0.25 in each of the third and fourth quarters of 2013 and the first and second quarters of 2014. Pentair has increased its dividend for 37 consecutive years.

Pentair paid dividends totaling $0.88 per share in 2012. Pentair paid dividends of $0.23 per share in each of the first and second quarters of 2013 and $0.25 per share in the third quarter of 2013.

Pentair (PNR) is a global diversified industrial company, which makes and markets water and flow control devices and electrical and electronic enclosures, recently doubled in size after merging with Tyco’s flow control unit.

We project close to 3% organic sales growth in 2013, driven by the water & fluid solutions segment and, to a lesser extent, valves & controls, while technical solutions remains soft. We see favorable trends continuing in global energy (oil & gas and mining), food & beverage and North American residential, with more modest growth in emerging regions. PNR should benefit globally from its expanded distribution via its merger with the Tyco Flow Control unit. We still see headwinds in Western Europe.

We expect gross margins to expand by at least 0.5% in 2013 to above 33%, on supply chain and repositioning cost savings, and a more favorable mix, while commodity input costs remain generally stable. We see adjusted EBITDA margins widening by more than 160 basis points to near 16.5% in 2013, reflecting volume leverage and improved productivity, and $105 million in cost synergies.